Moving Beyond The Bully Mentality
Bullying is a learned behaviour and is often a result of neglect and negative re-enforcement rather than positive re-enforcement. Despite what many people think though bullying can be unlearned and the behaviour can be changed.
At Applied Leadership we teach kids how to move beyond the bully mentality. We teach them how to respect themselves and how to respect others as well. We are not naïve and do not expect everyone to like everyone however there can and there must be respect there regardless of what we think of others.
Our training “Moving Beyond the Bully Mentality” is all about breaking the bully by taking away their power. When you know what strategies to use to break the bully’s power then that bully will no longer have control or power over you or anyone else. The more we learn about the bully the less affect they will have on people in a range of different situations.
A bully often feels threatened in their own environment and by bullying others they feel they have more control and a higher level of respect by being a leader of a pack and a bully.
We don’t give the bully significance or feed their ego instead we teach others to become empowered regardless of who is standing in front of them.
At Applied Leadership we focus more on the positive behaviours and less on the negative behaviours. We teach the kids to respect themselves and others equally. We train in empowering each other and working together to make a bigger difference.
“Moving Beyond the Bully Mentality” will cost you a lot less now than if you continue to do nothing and watch your girls’ implode. We must start now to teach them more resourceful behaviours and ways of being so that they can live a more fulfilled and empowered life.
In working with us you and your girls will receive:
- 50 minute talk to all Year 9 girls on self-leadership and understanding the bully in one term.
- 2 50 minute interactive session with half the group at a time (each for 50 minutes and ideally only 2-3 days apart)-how to make resourceful changes.
- 50 minute talk to Year 9 girls on bullying and Moving Beyond the Bully Mentality and putting in resourceful strategies to make a real difference for these girls.
- 50 minute talk to all Year 9 girls on adapting new behaviours and a change in attitude in the next term.
- 2 50 minute interactive sessions with half the group at a time (each for 50 minutes and ideally only 2-3 days apart)-human drivers and the power of langauge.
- Parent information night for 40 minutes on anti-bullying practices and how to empower their kids instead.
- Teacher information session for 40 minutes on anti-bullying practices
* That’s a total of 10 talks; 8 for the students, 1 for the parents and 1 for the teachers.
If you are serious about making a real difference for these girls so that they don’t become victims of bullying or worse crimes then email or call us now to find out more.
0417 825 254